We are recruiting a team of SIA licensed Door Supervisors to act as Night Life Marshalls in Barnsley Town Centre supporting the local councils Night Time economy.
- Excellent rates of pay
- Generous holiday allocation each year
- Company pension scheme
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Be a key ambassador for the Night-Time Economy.
- Be a key member in helping to deter and report crime.
- Regularly patrol the Town Centre covering all areas and sectors as required which includes the Taxi Rank. This is a physically demanding job which requires large amounts of walking outdoors in all weathers.
- Be the welcoming face in the town helping all visitors where you can.
- Be an active and supporting partner to the local Policing team.
- Report any incidents of crime, suspicious activity or anti-social behaviour including rough sleepers and beggars.
- The role is not to become physically involved with violence or other incidents unless there is a real danger of severe harm to persons or property and only then when it falls within their training and does not put them or their partner in any physical danger.
- Night Life Marshalls will be always mindful of the safety of themselves and those around them.
- To be a visual active presence in the town, sending the clear message that we have zero tolerance for crime of any sort in the town centre.
- To take part in events and festivals and assist in any other areas when called upon to do so.
- SIA Door Supervisor badge and First Aid Qualification is required
- Have a full 5-year work / education history including addresses and landline contact details
- Have excellent organisational skills and strong attention to detail.
- The successful applicant will be punctual, reliable and be able to adopt a flexible approach and well presented.
- To be able to demonstrate clear, effective communication skills and excellent oral and written English skills
- Demonstrate positive values in line with equal opportunities legislation
- Be able to patrol on foot for approximately two square miles for 10 hours per night in all weather
- A professional demeanour with sound judgement and integrity.
Hours Expected to Work
- Saturday nights with occasional extra duties in the run up to a bank Holiday or major events.
- Shifts are normally 10hrs